Monday, July 27, 2015

CSI: Ann Arbor Questions

This week, Camp Explorations is learning all about crime scene investigation (CSI)!  Here are some questions to keep your camper engaged even after they head home.

On Monday, we're learning about observation and evidence.  Ask me about...

  • Our witness experiment and the reliability of eye witness testimony
  • The mock crime scene we documented!
  • Why it's so important to keep a crime scene undisturbed and intact
On Tuesday, we're learning about fingerprinting and impression evidence.  Ask me about...
  • Our tennis shoe detectives activity and what we can learn from footprints
  • The set of my fingerprints I get to take home!
  • How CSI's lift latent prints they find at crime scenes.
On Wednesday we're learning about police officers.  Ask me about...
  • My visit to the police station!
If I stayed behind.  Ask me about...
  • The police officer who visited our museum.
  • The police officer hat and badge I made.
  • The police training obstacle course I completed
On Thursday, we're learning about fiber, hair, and DNA evidence.  Ask me about...
  • The hair strand model I made.
  • Using DNA to solve our "Who Robbed the Bank" activity
  • Why DNA is such an accurate and important piece of evidence
On Friday, we investigate a crime at the museum.  Ask me about...
  • What crime took place.
  • What evidence we collected.
  • Who did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment