On Monday, we will learn about animals. Ask me about:
- The backyard clue cards we looked at. What sorts of animal tracks did we see and what did we think they were doing?
- Scat and tracks. What kinds of animal scat did we learn about, and what animal track mold did I make?
- What we learned about camouflage, and how I created an animal that was camouflage in a Michigan habitat.
On Tuesday, we will explore habitats. Ask me about:
- The bear game we played and what we were trying to collect in order to survive as bears.
- The wetland models we made! How do wetlands help absorb water run-off from land?
- Staking a claim, and how my group decided what kind of habitat to claim based on what kind of animal we were.
On Wednesday, we are taking a field trip to the Arboretum! Ask me about:
- The scavenger hunt we did, and what kind of nature items we looked for.
- If we saw any scat or tracks at the Arb.
On Thursday we will focus on plants! Ask me about:
- How we used plants to make watercolor paints.
- The leaf identification activity we did, and what qualities we looked for in leaves to determine what tree it came from.
- How we acted out the different parts of a tree, and what part I was!
- For Yellow and Orange group: What things we saw in the butterfly garden while playing Butterfly Garden Bingo.
- For Red and Purple group: What Fibonacci patterns we saw in nature items.
On Friday, we will talk about pollution. Ask me about:
- What currents we saw as we watched a blue ice cube dissolve in warm water.
- What materials worked best to clean up our oil spill.
- What kind of futuristic animal I made, and how it has adapted to its environment.