Monday, July 28, 2014

Ecology in Your Backyard 1 Questions

We're excited to learn about ecology this week!  You can check this blog to follow camp events, both at the museum and beyond.  Please be sure to check again on Friday for some photos from the week!

Here are some suggested questions for you to ask your camper this week:


On Monday, we will learn about Ecosystems, Biomes and Habitats

Ask me about the ecosystem mural I created and the biome it was about.
Ask me about the habitat games we played and what happens to the wildlife when land is developed.

On Tuesday, we will visit the U-M Nichols Arboretum. 

Ask me about our trip!

On Wednesday, we will learn about wetlands.

Ask me about our special visitor from Our Global Kids, who talked about the Wonders of Wetlands. 
Ask me about the land we "developed" around a pond and what happened to the land. 

On Thursday, we will learn about plants.

Ask me about my field guide I created.
Ask me about some of the native plants I learned about in our Butterfly Garden.

On Friday, we will learn about food chains and how they effect you.

Ask me about how energy is transferred in a food chain and what happens when pesticides are used.
Ask me about some of the "invaders" or invasive species in Michigan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment