Monday, June 19, 2017

Archaeology Quest Questions

We are so excited that our first week of camp is under way! We have a full week of exploring ancient civilizations and getting to know archaeological methods. Here are some questions to ask your camper at the end of each day!

On Monday, we will be learning about the basics of archaeology. Ask me...
  • What is the difference between a paleontologist and archaeologist.
  • What I found in our archaeological mapping site.
  • Where they think the knife from "Contextual Clues" was found.
On Tuesday, the Orange and Green groups will be visiting the Kelsey Museum, while Red and Yellow groups stay at the Museum of Natural History to learn Ancient Rome.

For Orange and Green groups, ask me about...
  • The archaeology dig we did, and what sorts of artifacts we found.
  • What we learned about myths and monsters.
For Red and Yellow, ask me ...
  • How to play the game of Rota.
  • How I decorated my Roman Helmet.
On Wednesday, the Red and Yellow groups will be visiting the Kelsey Museum, while the Orange and Green groups stay at the Museum of Natural History to learn about Ancient Rome.

For Red and Yellow Groups, ask me about...
  • The archaeology dig we did, and what sorts of artifacts we found.
  • What we learned about myths and monsters.

For Orange and Green groups, ask me about...
  • How to play the game of Rota.
  • How I decorated my Roman Helmet.

    On Thursday, we will be learning about Ancient Greece. Ask me...
    • How I made my mythical monster.
    • If I played Ancient Greek Go Fish or the Digging Up Greece Board Game.
    • What I know about Ancient Greece!

    On Friday, we are putting together all of our new knowledge about archaeology! Ask me about...
    • The life events I chose for my timeline.
    • My favorite event in the Archaeology Olympics.
    • What I loved most about camp!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment