Monday, August 3, 2015

Adventures in Chemistry Questions

This week's morning camp is all about chemistry!  Here are some questions to keep your camper engaged even after they head home.

On Monday, we're learning all about reactions.  Ask me about...

  • Our chemistry rocket!
  • Our iodine clock experiment and how it works.
  • Our "Colors on the Move" milk experiment


On Tuesday, we're learning about physical and chemical reactions.  Ask me about...

  • The visit from the Hands On Museum
  • Why our iodine solution changed when we added vitamin C
  • our cloudy globs ammonia experiment


On Wednesday, we're leaning about the chemistry of food. Ask me about...

  • Our candy chromatography with black jelly beans
  • Our mysterious floating M's experiment
  • Our Mentos geyser and why it works!


On Thursday, we're learning about polymers.  Ask me about...

  • How you test for polymers
  • Our magnetic slime!
  • The bouncy ball I made


On Friday, we're learning about endothermic and exothermic reactions.  Ask me about...

  • How we made hot ice.
  • Our homemade hand warmer.
  • Our "Elephant Toothpaste" yeast experiment 

No comments:

Post a Comment