Monday, August 11, 2014

Emerging Engineers Questions

We're excited to learn about engineering this week!  You can check this blog to follow camp events, both at the museum and beyond.  Please be sure to check again on Friday for some photos from the week!

Here are some suggested questions to ask your camper this week:


On Monday, we will be learning about what engineering is.

Ask me about the Engineering Design Process.
Ask me about the Parachute I made.  What was my "hangtime" and how close did I get to the target?

On Tuesday, we will be learning about mechanical engineering.

Ask me about the catapult I made and if I hit the target.
Ask me about the K'NEX cars we built and the raced.
Ask me about the roller coasters we designed. 

On Wednesday, we will be learning about civil engineering.

Ask me about sky scraper we built and if it withstood an earthquake.
Ask me about the bridges we built and how much weight it could hold. 

On Thursday, we will be learning about aerospace engineering.

Ask me about the explorations vehicles we designed and if our cargo (an egg) survived its journey.
Ask me about the rockets we designed and launched.

On Friday, we will be learning about robotics and some of the 7 Wonders of the World

Ask me about the Junior Robotics program by Washtenaw Engineering for Kids.
Ask me about the modern day wonder I designed and built.

No comments:

Post a Comment